Pages

Thursday 5 August 2010

Living in Qatar - The Best Bits!

After just 10 days living here (and a few flying visits in the last year) I can tell you what I love about it.
Call for prayers - I love this sound, the way it spreads across the city & towns like a blanket. The voices are all in tune & I find it enchanting and calming. It’s the sort of thing I have seen in films and on TV, but to actually be here to actually hear it for myself is amazing. Sadly where we are in Mesaieed we are quite a bit away from the local mosque so I cannot hear it every day.
Air-Conditioning – I love living in a fully air-con’ed house. When you step outside into the heat it hits you like a physical wall. The air, in the summer, is thick with moisture and warms through to your bones. It feels like stepping into a warm bath. Then when you come back inside from the sweltering heat the air con hits you like a cold shower. It’s startling & totally refreshing.
Sunshine – I love having warm days every day & not having to go to bed wondering what the weather will be like tomorrow. I have just moved here and it’s the middle of summer so is a fairly warm average of around 45 degrees. During the winter months it drops to around 24 degrees. I have visited here in the winter season, and spent the evenings with my feet in the Gulf Stream & picnicking on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment